Friday, May 11, 2007

Something to say, even with nothing to say...

It's been a quiet week here in South Effingham County.

There was a junior tractor pull, on mini-tractors, for the little-uns.

We finally got some rain, courtesy of Sub-tropical Storm Andrea.

And Miss Georgia, Amanda Kozak, visited Effingham County Middle School to discourage kids from smoking.

Those are all wonderful things, but best of all, my friend Jill came for a visit.

Jill and I have known each other since we were fourteen years old, and yes, that was a very long time ago. We met during my first year of high school, and my last year living in Canada. We instantly clicked. And even though we lost touch for a while during my college years, and a couple thereafter, when we reconnected, it was like nothing had ever changed. Things do change, of course, and we certainly have, but we always have fun when we get together, which is about once or twice a year.

So, this week, we've painted my daughter's bedroom:


And we went to downtown Savannah and did some touristy things (these pictures courtesy of Jill):




But most of all, we've had fun. Jill is like a sister, and we spent a bunch of time reminiscing about music we listened to when we were kids, stupid things we did, and stupid things we're currently doing.

So, you see, even when I don't think I have anything to say, I always seem to come up with something, anyway.

It's been great to have you here, Jill, even though I know you're a little homesick.

No comments: