Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday Five


Friday again. I won't be here for Thanksgiving next week, we are actually going away for the weekend! How novel. So, I will instead give you next week's Friday Five, this week.


Five Things I am Thankful For this Thanksgiving

Okay, yeah, I know it's trite, but I still have to make sweet potatoes for the Thanksgiving office party yet.




1. My House.

I suppose this is a no-brainer. After all, everyone needs shelter, but this house is special, because it's the first one Ray and I have ever bought. I know we won't stay in it forever (because it's going to be too small!), but it's special because it's our first. And maybe it's not so small, as cozy. Yeah, cozy sounds much better.




2. Cake Mix

Because sometimes, you just need cake.









3. Zoe and Chloe

For those of you who have been following along for a while, you know what a trial it was to adopt these cats from the shelter. They did everything but ask us for our blood types. But in the end, we got two sister cats, complete with parasites, dandruff, and fear issues. Now, I have two plump, sleek felines who sleep on anything soft, leap into any available lap, and snuggle with my daughter. It was totally worth it. They look content, don't they?







4. The people I work with.

Not everyone I work with is stellar, but the people I work closely with on a regular basis are fun. I learn something new from them every day. They know who they are. You're great.


5. That everyone in my family is safe and sheltered this holiday.

It hasn't always been the case. There have been rough times for people in my family, and for me. But everyone now has a place to be, even if we're not all together.



Okay, that's it. I'll post as I can next week, but since I'll be trying to cram five days work into two and a half next week, I may be a little...absent. Have a good weekend, y'all!

8 comments:

www.ayewonder.com said...

Those are all wonderful things to be thankful for.

laurie said...

those are sweet.
and i'm with ya on the cake.
weren't you going to bake cakes for all your blog readers???

Dumdad said...

I love Thanksgiving even though I'm a Brit! I've been to a fair few Thanksgivings because I have American friends in Paris and I used to work for an American newspaper here (International Herald Tribune). It's just such a great idea - nothing religious, everyone included. And the food is the tops. Thank you for Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving...

I hear you on the blood types and shelters. I've gotten the same runaround from shelters and I'm a freaking veterinarian (maybe I shouldn't have told them I'm freaking).

Molly said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jen, I love Thanksgiving because this gives us time to reflect about thankfulness. Thank you for sharing your five.

Diana said...

Mmmmmm. Cake. Definitely thankful for cake. And that other non-cake stuff, too.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...cake.

I'm very thankful for the many friends I've made in my years. From college to TV and radio to just people who've made an impression on me...I thank them for being (and staying) my friends. I count you and Ray and Jill very high on the list among those.

Thank you.

Jo Beaufoix said...

These are all fab Jen, and your house is adorable. I love wooden houses.
I'm thankful for family, friends, chocolate, music and writing.
They are all things that make me feel happy, content and complete.

Big sigh.

Happy Thanksgiving, have a fab break, and don't work too hard you pregnant lady you. x