Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Knowing me, knowing you....ah-haaaaaah.

Title suggested by the lovely Jo Beaufoix, and courtesy of ABBA.

Well, the results are in, and I have my winners. And because only five of you participated, everybody gets something. First, the answers to yesterday's quiz:

1. What is the title of the first post on this blog?
Indeed it is.

2. Where is Jen originally from?
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

3. What is the name of the phone operator from the TV show Green Acres?
Sarah, who apparently also works for Planters Phone Co-op

4. What kind of virtual pet does Jen have and what is its name?
Boris the Spider, named for the Who song, and adopted after the untimely demise of a spider in front of TFYO.

5. What is the first blog on Jen's blog roll?
10001110101, which by the way is binary for one thousand one hundred forty-one ( I think, go ask Robot Lord of Tokyo, it's his blog)

6. What was the date of Jen's first Friday Five?
June 22, 2007. A couple of you got this wrong, but that's okay.


7. Who came first, Rotten Correspondent or Jo Beaufoix?
Rotten Correspondent did, but only by a bout a week.

8. Which county in Georgia does Jen live in?
Effingham County, the southern part to be exact.

9. What do most of the post titles have in common?
Most are song lyrics.

10. What is Ray's favourite sport?
Baseball. But I'm slowly converting him to hockey.

11. What animal is the most common type of roadkill in south Georgia, according to Jen?
Armadillos, see an entire post on the little critters here.

12. What does TFYO stand for?
The Four Year Old. As RC, and some others, have pointed out, I don't have to change her handle when her birthday rolls around next year.

13. What brand of mayo is the most awesome mayonnaise known to mankind?
Dukes. Duh.

14. What are the names of Jen's two cats?
Zoe and Chloe, both prenamed by someone who obviously terrorized them on a regular basis.

15. Who was the 1000th visitor to this blog?
Rotten Correspondent.

That was the quiz, and the winners are:

Grand Prize: Rotten Correspondent. She was the first to e-mail all of the correct answers to me, and she wins:

A box of pralines from River Street Sweets (chocolate or regular, your choice)
A copy of the Lady and Sons first cookbook (Paula Deen, y'all)
A smattering of tour maps from around town
A sno-globe (because I love them and collect them)
A key chain
A scarf crocheted by me (or a set of coasters, whichever you prefer)
A copy of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (book, not movie)
An assortment of postcards
And (if I can find one) a little tiny Bird Girl statue.

She has opted not to receive the mayonnaise.

Second runner up: Jo Beaufoix. Jo had all of the answers correct, she just came in later than RC. She wins: A key chain and a fridge magnet.

Third Runner up: My Two Cents, who also had all of the answers right.
She also wins: A key chain and a fridge magnet.

Fourth Place goes to Willowtree, he was first in, but answered one question wrong. He will get a Savannah Sand Gnats t-shirt, if I can find one, as the season is over. Otherwise, he'll get a generic t-shirt from Savannah.

Fifth Place goes to Dumdad, who also answered one question wrong. He gets to choose between a key chain, and a fridge magnet. If he wants the mayo, I'll see if I can ship it to him.


All you winners will need to send me an address to send your stuff to, if you'd like to claim your prizes. Thanks again to everyone who took part! It was a lot of fun to watch the statcounter, and some of the things you were searching for.

And now, a pause for a musical interlude.

8 comments:

Susan said...

Yea! I am just so glad I got all of the answers right. I'll e-mail you my address later, and I think I'll try to find a sno-globe or something suitable from around here to send you.

the rotten correspondent said...

WOO HOO!! I can't believe it! I'd like to thank my manager for always making good career choices for me and the academy for...oh. oops. Wrong award. Oh well. Yay!

If you want to break up the goodies you should do that since so many of us got the answers. I'm not greedy. Jen geeks unite!

Congrats again on 100 and do my eyes deceive me or is my two cents BLOGGING AT WORK????? Tsk.Perhaps a little rehab is needed.

and she said...NO.NO.NO.

Dumdad said...

I'm 5th, I'm 5th I'm 5th! Result!
Okay, there were only five in the comp but at least I wasn't sixth or unplaced . . . .


. . . And congrats on your 100th post.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Yay, this is so exciting.
And I'm sat making shapes to Abba while Miss E and M giggle their little heads off.
I'll email my address soon.
Hugs :D

Mya said...

Oh bugger! I thought I had more time! Nevermind. Congrats on your 100th post - hope you and bump are feeling good.

Mya x

www.ayewonder.com said...

Abba? ABBA?? They should have been on last Friday's Five.

Kudos on running a successful quiz. I would have got #7 wrong. I just didn't feel right about winning two jars of Duke's Mayo.
MD

Jen said...

my two cents Oh, sweetie, you don't have to send me a sno-globe! I mean, I'll take it, but don't go out of your way. I only collect the el-cheapo plastic ones, so don't go crazy!

RCYou just let me know what you want off that list and I'll send it. Anything you don't want, I'll pass on to someone else.

Dumdad I was just happy you took part! You could have been fourth had you gotten your e-mail in ahead of Willowtree.

JoIf the girls are happy, I'm happy. The image of you dancing to ABBA kind of makes me giggle, too.

Mya Aw, heck, I'll send you a key chain, too, if you want. Me and the slowly emerging bump are fine, but morning sickness has finally kicked in.

Jen said...

Mike I promise your goodie pack will be on the way by the end of this week. And two jars of mayo might have been a bit much for your Mrs. She might've been wondering why some strange woman was sending it to you!