Thursday, June 14, 2007

Private Eyes, They're Watching You...


With many thanks to Hall and Oates for the title.

In the interest of full disclosure, I think it's important that I let all of you know that you're being watched while you're here. Well, kind of watched. You may, or may not, have noticed I have a stat counter at the bottom of this blog. Not only does it tell me how many page loads I have, but it also keeps track of where you all are from, and how you found my page. And I say this now only because apparently I've been turning up in Google searches for "John Deere Bathing Suit", which I find incredibly hilarious. (Try it, and see the interesting returns you get, besides me, of course).

As far as I can tell, no one actually makes a John Deere bathing suit. Oh, there are a few listings for bathing suits that come in yellow and green, but nothing with the actual logo on it. So, for the PR companies that have visited this site (you know who you are, and I know you've been here!), take note: there's a whole bunch of people out there (at least the 45 that have clicked on this blog) that want a bikini with the John Deere logo on it.

I've also been turning up in Google searches for Mark Twain, because I used his quote, as well as song lyric searches, because I use song lyrics for the titles of my entries. I'm amused by this, and I also feel sorry for the folks who are inadvertently clicking on this blog thinking they're going to get some good information. But hey, even if you got here by mistake, I hope you stay and read. I'm occasionally amusing, and sometimes irritating. The people who leave comments here are certainly more profound and intelligent than I am on any given day, and they're really the reason you should stick around.

Now I want to let you know, I don't use your information for some evil plot to take over the world, it's more just because I'm curious about who you are, and to see how many people are actually reading my ramblings. Apparently, there are a lot of you, most of whom don't comment. I've had visitors from as far away as Australia and India, and I want all of you to stay. And leave a comment, even if it's just a note to say "hi" and that you found my blog.

That way, I can at least say thank you.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen...I've been known to go off the rails, so I'd be scared to see just what interweb connections I might attract on an off-day. But on a good day...I make friends with fantastic people like you -- and I think I chanced on your blog while I was bloghopping!

Anonymous said...

Hi :) hehe, if it showed how many flies i feed Boris, you'd ask me to please put him on a diet :P

So, from South Africa, Cape Town:

"Hi, i found your blog!"

:P

Jen said...

Like I said in my post, it's the folks that comment here that really make the reading worthwhile. You guys are great!

And taqdeer, with the number of flies I feed the spider, I'm surprised he hasn't exploded yet!

J~

Anonymous said...

OK...I'll admit it. I've fed Boris my fair share of flies as well. I think he eats better than me. Believe it or not...reading your musings is a high point of my day. The fan club is growing.

Flutterbot said...

Yup! Cheers from Manhattan!

-_- said...

nice blog

Jen said...

Flutterbot, thank you, as always for stopping by. I kind of thought maybe you were from New York, since I had a hit from there, that matched up with a comment you left before!

And hi Sharm! Thanks for stopping by. Oh, and it's a rule, you have to feed the spider at least once when you come here. *grin*

Anonymous said...

So that's why your mother wanted me to feed the spider in the bathroom?

Jen said...

Well, anyone who knows my mother knows she has a habit of feeding any animal that shows up at the door. So it would make sense for her to tell you to feed the spider in your bathroom. As for Boris, his upkeep is significantly less than most other pets, and he doesn't bark. Only munches. *grin*

Anonymous said...

greetings from cairo, Egypt.
nice blog i guess
i will bach again

Anonymous said...

i did find you from "John Deere bathing suit".... trying to find a gag gift, but this cracked me up. Keep everyone smilin... Raleigh, NC